D共 126 條
1. Danger is next neighbor to security.
2. Danger itself is the best remedy for danger.
3. Danger past, God forgotten.
4. Dead men tell no tales.
5. Death is the great leveler.
6. Death meets us everywhere.
7. Death pays all debts.
8. Death when it comes will have no denial.
9. Deeds, no words.
10. Debt is better than death.
11. Deeds are fruits; words are but leaves.
12. Deeds are males, and words are females.
13. Deeds, not words.
14. Deep rivers move in silence, shallow brooks are noisy.
15. Delays are dangerous.
16. Deliberate before you begin, then execute with vigor.
17. Deliberate in counsel, prompt in action.
18. Deliberating is not delaying.
19. Deliver not your words by number but by weight.
20. Depend on others and you always repent.
21. Despair gives courage to a coward.
22. Desperate diseases must have desperate remedies.
23. Destruction pursues the great.
24. Devil must be driven out with devils.
25. Dexterity comes by experience.
26. Diamond cuts diamond.
27. Diet cures more than the doctor.
28. Different sores must have different salves.
29. Different strokes for different folks.
30. Difficulty makes desire.
31. Diligence is near success.
32. Diligence is the mother of good luck.
33. Diligence is the mother of success.
34. Discontent is the first step in progress.
35. Discretion is the better part of valor.
36. Disease, enemy, and debt --these three must be cut off as soon as they begin to grow.
37. Disease of the soul is more dangerous than those of the body.
38. Diseases are the price of ill pleasures.
39. Diseases come on horseback, but go (steal) away on foot.
40. Disgraced may be he who thinks ill.
41. Do as most men do and men will speak well of thee.
42. Do as the Romans do (or Do as they do at
43. Do as you would be done by.
44. Do business, but be not a slave to it.
45. Doctors make the worst patients.
46. Dog does not eat dog.
47. Dogs that bark at a distance bite not at hand.
48. Dogs that run after many hares kill none.
49. Dogs wag their tails not so much in love to you as your bread.
50. Doing is better than saying.
51. Do in
52. Do not all you can, spend not all you have; believe not all you hear; and tell not all you know.
53. Do not cut down the tree that gives you shade.
54. Do not despise your enemy.
55. Do not give a dog bread every time he wags his tail.
56. Do not praise a day before sunset.
57. Do not run too fast after gain.
58. Do not speak of your happiness to one less fortunate than yourself.
59. Do not swap horses when crossing a stream.
60. Do no through fear of poverty surrender liberty.
61. Do not to others what you do not wish them to do to you.
62. Do not wash dirty linen in public.
63. Don't burn your bridges before they're crossed.
64. Don't cast out the foul water till you bring in the clean.
65. Don't cast pearls before swine.
66. Don't change horses in midstream.
67. Don't copy me.
68. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
69. Don't climb a tree to look for fish.
70. Don't cross a bridge until you come to it.
71. Don't cross the bridge till you get to it.
72. Don't cross the bridge till you come to it.
73. Don't fly till you wings are feathered.
74. Don't cry out before you are hurt.
75. Don't cry over spilt milk.
76. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
77. Don't halloo till you are out of the wood.
78. Don't have thy cloak to make when it begins to rain.
79. Don't have too many irons in the fire.
80. Don't judge a person by his appearance.
81. Don't judge a book by its cover.
82. Don't keep all your eggs in one basketball.
83. Don't kick against the pricks.
84. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill
85. Don't make yourself a mouse, or the cat will eat you.
86. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
87. Don't put off till tomorrow what should be done today.
88. Don't put the cart before the horse.
89. Don't quarrel with your bread and butter.
90. Don't shut the barn door after the horse is gone.
91. Don't speak all you know, but know all you speak.
92. Don't speak ill of others behind their backs.
93. Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs.
94. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.
95. Don't throw out your dirty water before you get in fresh.
96. Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
97. Don't wash your dirty linen in public.
98. Don't whistle until you are out of the wood.
99. Do one's level best.
100. Dot the “i's” and cross the t's.
101. Doubt is the key of knowledge.
102. Do unto others as you would have done to you.
103. Do well is better than say well.
104. Downy lips make thoughtless slips.
105. Draw not your bow till your arrow is fixed.
106. Draw water with a sieve.
107. Dreams are lies.
108. Dreams go by contraries.
109. Dress up a stick and it does not be a stick.
110. Drive your business; do not let it drive you.
111. Drop by drop the oceans are filled; stone by stone the walls are built.
112. Drowning man will catch at a straw.
123. Drunken days have all their tomorrows.
124. Drunkenness reveals what soberness conceals.
125. Dumb dogs are dangerous.
126. Dying is as natural as living.