Y 共 41 條
1. Years bring wisdom.
2. Yesterday is dead, forget it; tomorrow does not exist, don't worry; today is here, use it.
3. Yesterday will not be called again.
4. You are the greatest enemy if you are a coward, but if you are brave, you are your greatest friend.
5. You can do more than strike while the iron is hot; you can make the iron hot by striking.
6. You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time;
but you can't fool all of the people all the time.
7. You cannot burn the candle at both ends.
8. You cannot clap with one hand.
9. You cannot get blood out of a stone.
10. You cannot have two forenoons in the same day.
11. You cannot flay the same ox twice.
12. You cannot judge a tree by its bark.
13. You cannot make a crab walk straight.
14. You (One) cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
15. You cannot sell the cow and sup the milk.
16. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
17. You can run, but you can't hide.
18. You can take a horse to the water but you cannot make him drink.
19. You can't eat your cake and have it.
20. You can't have it both ways.
21. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
22. You can't make bricks without straw.
23. You can't make omelets without breaking eggs.
24. You can't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
25. You have no goats, and yet you sell kids.
26. You make the failure complete when you stop trying.
27. You may force a man to shut his eyes, but you cannot make him sleep.
28. You may go farther and fare worse.
29. You may know the horse by his harness.
30. You may take a horse to the water, but you can't make it drink.
31. You must not pledge your own health.
32. You must reap what you have sown.
33. You never know what you can do till you try.
34. Young man may die but old men must die.
35. You're your father's own son.
36. You roll my log and I'll roll yours.
37. Youth is a blunder; manhood a struggle, old age a regret.
38. Youth is life's seed-time.
39. Youth is the season of hope, enterprise, and energy, to a nation as well as an individual.
40. Youth looks forward and age backward.
41. Youth means limitless possibilities.